Friday, June 11, 2010

Those Hard to Buy for Guys

Do you have one of those hard to buy for guys in your family?  I have 3 of them!  My Dad, My Dad-in-law and My Man.  So, Father's Day is coming and I was stumped as to what to do for them.  And then I remembered the old saying, The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

So, I found buckets (the kind you might use to wash your car) at the dollar store to put their gifts in.  These guys have very similar likes in food, so it made my shopping easy!

While at the grocery store I picked up for each of them:
6 pack of Snickers bars
2 liter of soda
bag of their favorite chips/munchies
package of Oreos
box of Swedish Fish

Yes, the men in my life all have a sweet tooth. 

This is one gift I know they will definitely use!  And I didn't spend money I don't have.  So, the moral of this story.  Think outside the box. literally.  Sometimes the best gift isn't one from a nice department store in a box with fancy paper.  (Most men are not impressed by fancy paper anyway).  Sometimes, just remembering what someone's favorites are and getting them for them is even better.  It says you know them and you love them.  It doesn't say I'm buying this tie for you because I think your other ones are ugly.  Or I'm giving you this tool because I think you need to learn how to use it.  Or worse, because I have no clue what to buy for you.
Now if the man in your life wants a new tie, go for it.
If the man in your life wants a new tool, go for it.
But maybe the man in your life just wants some yummy in his tummy, then go for it.

Most importantly, no matter what gift you give, or if you give gifts at all, make every moment matter with your Dad this Father's Day.  Make sure he knows how much you love and appreciate him, while these moments are still yours for the making.

I was going to put a picture of the wonderful men in my life on this blog, but for some reason that feature isn't working. :-(


You now can "like" One Mom's Minutes on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment